Thursday, October 8, 2015

TBT - Pink Champagne Bachelorette Bash Favors



As promised, part 2 of my TBT from last week!  The favors from this bachelorette party were some of my favorites from any party I've done.  I found so many perfect little touches and the girls absolutely loved them!  Each element I chose specifically  to touch on the theme or focus on Ashley.  In this overview picture, you can see the whole package.



As for the contents, I wanted to show a little more detail.
Of course, we needed to have some sweet treats to keep us moving through the night, so I put in a pink Lindor Truffle, pink Extra gum and the requisite attention calling Ring Pop.  Sweets covered, I also considered the places we may be going and quickly thought to add some anti-bacterial gel.  Bath and Body Works came to the rescue with two highly apropos fragrances:



And since we had spent our day being pampered getting mani/pedis, I decided to include an Essie nail polish.  This line is trendy right now, though slightly overpriced for nail polish that will most likely chip within two weeks.  However, when I did some research and found this color, I knew it had to be:

Bachelorette Bash!


Knowing that I was putting together at least 10 of these favors, I was trying to keep the cost down.  And at $8.50 a pop, I was pretty certain that my brilliant find was going to get the axe.  Until I found NailSupplies.us.  This site is clearly made for salons, but does not require any type of licensing or bulk ordering.  And, they sell Essie polishes for $4.25.  So, I ended up getting ten of them for the price of five.  Woohoo!  This site will remain in my back pocket going forward.  I've already used them several other times and they are excellent for any party with a spa theme!  I also threw in some fun assorted pink lipsticks that could be worn that night, but more to apply their "signature" on the keepsake frame for Ashley.

The rest of the items took a little more creativity to assemble.  Upon searching bachelorette parties on Pinterest, I saw a DIY on making your own temporary tattoos and thought this would be a great addition.  This paper can be found on Amazon for $10, including shipping:


No Silhouette machine is actually required, and while I would LOVE to have one myself, I simply printed my "tattoos" on my printer.  The keys are printing on the correct side of the paper and printing in mirror reverse.  Beyond that, they are cake to make and turned out adorable!  Applying them only takes a little water and pressure.  We all sported them on our night out.  Removal is also simple with soap and water and a bit of scrubbing.



Personalization is important when celebrating someone and I knew it would be nice for each girl to take home a little something with Ash's name and the date of her party.  I also found that while researching bachelorette favors, most suggestion lists included some kind of hair tie.  The combination of personalization and hair accessories culminated when I found ElasticBandCo.  This site allows you to personalize colors, text and images on the new style no-crease hair ties or headbands.  These were a little pricier (around $6 each), but I really wanted the personal touch, so I went for it!  They came out perfectly and I still see them on the girls' wrists now and then!



My favorite little project in these favors were the scratch-offs.  Another idea adapted from Pinterest, I also found these scratcher stickers on Amazon (100 for $7):



I designed the actual cards in Word to match the Champagne labels from earlier in the day.  Placement was key for the box that would be covered by the sticker, but once I played with it, all I had to do was print and cut them out of cardstock.  These were great for a little game while out that night, and while some of them were a bit racy, I kept them mostly clean!  This can be adapted for your audience.  :)  I put two scratchers in each favor and attached a coin for scratching to the back of the set with little pink "kiss" stickers.  We had so much fun scratching and daring and embarassing each other with them!



The last touch was something that I added to go with our "after" pictures the next morning.  As one can imagine, not everyone was feeling perky or entirely well after a night out and that was where the Hangover Recovery Kits came in!  The little organza bags found at Dollar Tree fit a few essentials (also found there).  True to hangover recovery, each girl received a packet of Advil and breath fresheners.  A Via coffee packet was also included to give each of us some much needed caffeine.



Once I had gathered or made all of my supplies, I had to package them.  They had to look cute, but be easy to assemble!  I found cute 4x4 acetate boxes and simply filled the bottom with the signature pink shred and matching sheer ribbon.  I made simple black cardstock tags to resemble chalkboards and topped each box with one, inviting each girl to "Enjoy!"
These favors were quite involved, but I was very pleased with the results and they were a huge hit with Ashley's girls.  I knew they would look back on this night and remember them and how much fun they had had celebrating her!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute and clever, they make me want to,have a bachelorette party, even though I've been married almost 39 years!

    ReplyDelete